Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Has it been that long?

It's been over a month since I last posted. Wow! I've been slipping. Since we last "spoke" I celebrated my 57th birthday and my 5th wedding anniversary! Yippee! The golf season is basically over and the bowling season is in full bloom. The sewing I've been doing has been for Barbie of course and mostly utilitarian for myself. I'm working on bras, panties, knit tops and skirts for bowling. My most recent top is
McCalls 6963


I especially like the drape neck. I didn't read the instructions. The top went together very easily. I made my usual FBA sewing view B with sleeves from view C. I used Slinky from Fashion Fabrics. It's been in my stash for quite a while and was absolutely perfect for this top


I shortened if a couple of inches as it was quite long and not to my liking. 

On another note I've had something of a health scare. I was experiencing quite a bit of shortness of breath. I had to make a trip to Urgent Care and was ultimately diagnosed with asthma. WTH. Who gets asthma at 57? I guess I do. Unfortunately all of this happened last weekend and I was unable to attend the American Sewing Expo and my health is more important. There's always next year!


8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your health scare. Hope you had a wonderful birthday and anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I developed allergies at 57! It must be the new thing! Health is always more important. It just gives you time to save more for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful top! I went through the same thing last year for six months and was diagnosed at the age of 58. Wishing you the very best of health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pattern and your top. Ditto Dorothy and Melodye regarding the asthma. I was diagnosed about two years ago (at 56). I couldn't breathe, always out of breath--Now I am on an inhaler and use the nebulizer regularly. My doctor said it's not unusual for women going through menopause to get asthma because the hormones are unstable. smh. Anyway, can't wait to see the new Barbie fashions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just glad that you got to the doctor and got it diagnosed. There's nothing like not feeling well - we tend to start diagnosing ourselves - at I do. Very nice top by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see your bra makes!!!! They are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so bad!! I had hoped to see you, but yes, your health is the most important thing. Please take care of yourself. I'm still wearing my trophy from last year ;) You're never too far from my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Rachelle! Lookin good at 57!!! Yes I agree...this is the perfect fabric for this top! Glad you found out what was going on...take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete